Master in Management
: Prof. Jordi Surroca
: 2º Application period: 23th April 2013- 20th June
: 60 ECTS
: 1 academic year (Madrid, Spain)
The Master in Management programme is an 11-month, accredited master programme designed to provide a high-quality, rigorous graduate business education. The programme offers students the mastery of quantitative techniques, an understanding of a research approach to business decision making, and a commitment to update their management education in the true spirit of lifelong learning.
We provide a rigorous, multidisciplinary and multicultural learning experience focused on real, modern-day management issues and based on innovative, hands-on problem-solving tools. The programme is delivered entirely in English, but students are provided with plenty of opportunities to learn and master Spanish.
The multidisciplinary approach we offer allows our graduates to access a wide variety of professional positions, to continue their studies, or even to begin a research career in business. And the programme is tailored to meet individual students’ needs; through its wide-ranging offering of electives, students can personalize their academic curriculum to focus on their professional or academic interests. Students may deepen their education in the management of innovation and corporate social responsibility, two areas where our faculty shows internationally recognized expertise. The programme also offers internships in companies.
The Master in Management offers students the possibility of extending their curriculum in prestigious European universities by taking part in the International Complement programme, a 6-month programme placed at the end of the regular Master’s programme that allows outstanding students to complete an extra 30 ECTS credits in any of the universities with which we have exchange agreements integrated in the ERASMUS Programme. Additionally, students can opt to enrol in the Extension Internship Programme, a post-Master’s internship extension that allows post-grad’s students to work in the company in which they have interned or are still interning for an extended period after finishing their Master’s.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
- To provide students with valuable knowledge of the business world through the acquisition of a sound education in up-to-date management techniques covering the areas of strategy, marketing, finance and accounting, economics, statistics, innovation, social responsibility, and human resources management.
- To explore their professional opportunities in the areas of business and academics and advise them on building their professional careers, offering them a wide range of subjects and allowing students to personalize their academic curricula, providing with continuous assistance and tutoring.
- To assume technical and managerial perspectives and responsibilities as they participate in decision-making processes.
- To contribute to the development of students’ personal and professional abilities and skills – creativity, leadership qualities, decision-making, teamwork, and oral and written expression – in an environment that fosters self-initiative and positive ethical values.
- To prepare graduates to become innovative and socially committed analysts, researchers, and professionals in the field of management.
- To prepare students to work in international and multicultural organizations.
The Master in Management is directed at recent graduates and young professionals with limited work experience who want to increase their career opportunities.
Young entrepreneurs and managers of family businesses aiming to acquire business management skills that will enable them to succeed in implementing their business plans will find our Master’s programme appealing.
Composed of a team of 22 permanent professors and industry professionals, the MiM's faculty is an exceptional team of international experts who blend academic excellence and industry experience.
Bachelor’s degree. Foreign applicants must possess an equivalent degree (three or more years of university studies) from an official university. Students in the last year of their Bachelor’s studies may also apply for admission; their application will be considered upon confirmation that they have successfully completed their Bachelor’s programme.
As English is the official language of the programme, a high level of written and oral English skills is required. Students must provide the results of English tests like TOEFL, the British Council International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Universidad Carlos III de Madrid English Certificate, or Cambridge ESOL. The applicant's level of English will also be tested in a personal interview.
Applicants with insufficient language skills but high academic potential or without an officially recognized certificate of the level of English may be pre-admitted, conditional upon passing an English Exam organized by the UC3M Language Centre."
The Master’s Degree Academic Committee will assess the curriculum vitae and academic record of each applicant and make its admission decisions based upon these documents and an interview. Professional experience is not mandatory. Applicants who can demonstrate more than two years of professional experience should consider applying for our 11-month Master in Business Administration (MBA) programme.
The Committee will also consider scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) as additional indicators to determine the intellectual ability and aptitudes of the candidate.
Non-EHEA foreign students who demonstrate an equivalent level of education that allows them to apply to a graduate programme must present their degrees legalized through diplomatic channels, or, if applicable, through the process of unique legalization or “Apostille of the Hague Accords”.
Visa applicants are strongly advised to apply at least 2 months before start date to allow minimum time to complete the admission process.
The Universidad Carlos III awards tuition funding assistance to talented students in need of financial aid based on academic excellence. This financial aid may cover up to 50% of the tuition fee and is incompatible with any other grant that the student may receive for the same purpose.
: 60 total credits.
Strategy (6 ECTS)
Marketing Management (6 ECTS)
Accounting and Finance for Management (6 ECTS)
Firms & Industries (6 ECTS)
Quantitative Methods for Management (6 ECTS)
Corporate Governance (6 ECTS)
Final Master’s project (6 ECTS)
Electives (three courses to be chosen from the following):
Management of Innovation (6 ECTS)
Innovation & Entrepreneurship (6 ECTS)
Quantitative Methods for Innovation (6 ECTS)
Corporate Social Responsibility (6 ECTS)
Global Firms & International Management (6 ECTS)
Personnel Economics (6 ECTS)
Managing People (6 ECTS)
Organizational Behaviour & Leadership (6 ECTS)
Internships (6 ECTS)
Students from EU countries
Center for Postgraduate Studies
The Centro de Ampliación de Estudios (CEAES) is the service in charge of support for administering, programming and coordinating University postgraduate studies at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
Since its creation it has contributed to achieving the objectives for academic, research and professional excellence in UC3M postgraduate students.
In academic year 2012/2103 Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, through CEAES, will offer the following postgraduate programs:
- Doctoral programs
- Official UC3M Master’s programs
- UC3M accredited Master’s programs and specialization courses
Among CEAES’ main functions are:
- Fomenting and carrying out the curricula for both the Official UC3M Master’s programs and the UC3M accredited Master’s programs.
- Organization of the teaching faculty for the postgraduate programs.
- Carrying out agreements with the Postgraduate Commissions.
- Management of the process for defending doctoral theses.