Master in International Human Resources Management.
- Degree: Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Semester: 2
- ECTS: 60 ECTS
- Course language: English
- Study type: full-time, on campus
- Intake: Spring & Autumn
- Campus: Berlin, Bad Honnef
Human Resources (M.A.) ‒ future personnel
As a future manager in the field of human resources, you will face many challenges – for example the strategic utilisation of employees and of course the demographic change.
During you studies you acquire the relevant know-how, which qualifies you to take on management positions in international companies and Human Resource departments. Once you have successfully completed your studies in the English language at the IUBH you will be a sought-after expert in human resources.
Facts & Figures
International Management · Human Resources / International Human Resource Management
Degree: Master of Arts (M.A.) / Master of Arts (M.A.)
Duration: 4 semesters / 2 semesters
Credits: 120 ECTS / 60 ECTS
Language: English / English
Type of study: full-time / full-time
Campus: Bad Honnef, Berlin / Bad Honnef, Berlin
Intake: Spring & Autumn / Spring & Autumn
Applicants for the study programme Master International Human Resource Management in two semesters need at least 240 ECTS points in their undergraduate studies.
Why should I study Human Resources at IUBH?
International campus with students and professors from more than 85 nations
High degree of practical relevance through guest speakers, company presentations, corporate projects and field trips
Lectures in English and intensive exchanges with professors and fellow students
Top-class network of industry contacts for careers at home and abroad
Instruction in small groups given by lecturers with track records of practical experience
You may choose from different specialisations
Unique study programme with a high rate of recognition in the industry
Academic knowledge is consistently taught in case studies, project work and applied research projects
Your personal focus
During your studies, you complete the specialisation in human resources with the following courses:
- Comparative Human Resources
- Current Issues in International Human Resource Management
- International Assessment Centers in Selection & Training
- Research Methods for International & Comparative Human Resource Management
- International Human Resource Strategy
What are the professional prospects in Human Resource Management?
With the Master in Human Resource Management you deepen your existing knowledge, in order to competently cope with responsible positions. This makes you a sought-after employee, whether as human resources officer at a market-leading corporate group, as a consultant in an international management consultancy, specialist for securing talent at an up-and-coming technology developer or HR Generalist at a fashion label.
HR departments and recruiting agencies above all those with international business activities today already prefer to employ graduates from IUBH.
Human resource management is increasingly becoming a decisive strategic success factor in international companies, not only for human resource departments but also at top management level.
Our degree programmes will provide you with differentiated preparation for various management functions with the main focus on human resource management – an ideal start to your career:
- You will learn the fundamentals of strategic human resource management
- You will develop a strong foundation in strategic and operative thinking in the management of companies
- You will discuss personnel development measures as well as international and multinational concepts of management and motivation
- You will compare international approaches in human resource management and expand your knowledge and other research areas
Order of study – Overview · 60 ECTS
Strategic Service Management
Comparative Human Resources
Research Methods for International & Comparative Human Resource Management
International Assessment Centers in Selection & Training
Current Issues in International Human Resource Management
International Human Resource Strategy
Master Thesis & Colloquium
Step-by-step to your Master's degree in Int. Human Resource Management
The first semester is for your expanding specialisation in the field of human resources.
In this semester you complete your studies by writing your Master's thesis. The thesis is written under the expert supervision of professors and lecturers as an independent scientific paper for solving a management task.
The courses are held in lecture and seminar format. There are about 30 students per class – this encourages dialogue between professors and students.
Prerequisites for admission to the Master Human Resources programme:
Int. Management Human Resources 120 ECTS: Bachelor´s degree (180 ECTS)
Int. Human Resource Management 60 ECTS:
- 240 ECTS from economic undergraduate studies or
- 210 ECTS from economic undergraduate studies + practical work experience (30 ECTS) or
- 210 ECTS from non economic undergraduate studies + Path2Master (30 ECTS) or
- 210 ECTS from non economic undergraduate studies + TASC exam
Final grade: Minimum grade point average of 3.0 according to the German grading system
Language skills: English, academic IELTS 6.0/ TOEFL IBT 80 points/ PTE 56 points (51 points in each component)
Aptitude Test TASC
The TASC examination is used to determine if you have the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully pursue the IUBH degree programme to which you are applying. Preparatory study materials are available on our CLIX learning platform to all candidates who will be taking the test. The materials include further literature references and detailed instructions that make it possible to work, for the most part, independently in preparation for taking the test.
The managers of tomorrow
Practical, international orientation and study content tailored to the industries in question – our graduates are in demand among companies in Germany and abroad:
- about 87% of our graduates begin their careers within three months of graduation
- after two years on the job, 80% of them have already obtained a management position
- our graduates also report an average annual rise in salary of 10%, so that after five years they earn about 50% more than when they started out in their careers