Master in International Human Resources Management
Next start of studies
: Bad Honnef: March / September - Berlin: April / October
: FIBAA accredited
: 60 ECTS
Language of instruction
: 100% English
: Master of Arts (M.A.)
: on Campus
: Bad Honnef, Berlin
: 2 semesters
: Bachelor’s degree, placement test if necessary, proof of English language skills
: International Management for career changers
Leverage your people skills
Human Resource Management plays a crucial role in the success of companies and multinational corporations around the world. So knowing how to manage staff effectively at an international level is becoming an increasingly important skill.
This Master’s degree programme will help you gain expertise in strategic management, employee relations and occupations, resource and management development, and corporate HRM. Successful graduates with strong social skills and the ability to operate in a global context are in high demand in the international HRM sector as well as in general management and the specialised services sector.
What you will learn from us
The Master’s degree programme prepares you for different management roles with a focus on Human Resource Management:
How does the course of studies work
- You learn the basics of strategic HR management.
- You discuss personnel development measures as well as international and multinational concepts for leadership and motivation.
- And you compare international approaches in HR management and expand your knowledge of other research topics.
For our two-semester Master's programme you need a Bachelor's degree with 240 ECTS. If you already have professional experience or take our TASC placement test, a Bachelor's degree with 210 ECTS may be sufficient.
Where you will be studying
You can pursue our International Human Resource Management Master’s degree at the two German campuses in Bad Honnef and Berlin.
Study International Human Resource Management as a Major
When you major in International Human Resource Management in the International Management Master programme (4 semesters, 120 ECTS), you will deepen your professional skills and your knowledge in the area of General Management.
Studying at the IU supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Economics or similar from an accredited university (4 year programme or equivalent to 240 ECTS)
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (Minimum grade point average equivalent of 3.0 according to the German grading system)
- Proof of English proficiency: Academic IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL IBT 80 points / PTE 56 points (overall) / Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
If you have a Bachelor´s degree of 3 years or from fields other than Business or Management you can still access this Master by doing our Business-Preparation Semester (Path2Master) and/or the TASC examination.
Just send us your application and our Admission team will guide you on your different options.
Aptitude Test TASC
The TASC examination is used to determine if you have the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully pursue the IU degree programme to which you are applying. Preparatory study materials are available on our CLIX learning platform to all candidates who will be taking the test. The materials include further literature references and detailed instructions that make it possible to work, for the most part, independently in preparation for taking the test.
What are my prospects
HR personnel can do much more than look over applications, conduct interviews and draft employment contracts. Because of a shortage in trained HR personnel, their skills are needed in all areas in the selection, assignment and promotion of staff in line with corporate goals. After graduation, for example, you can work as a ...
Your career? International
- Human Resources Manager
- Personnel Developer
- Human Resources Officer
Whether it is at a global medium-sized company or at a multinational corporation abroad – the IU prepares you well for the global job market. The numbers speak for themselves: 3 out of 4 of our graduates work in an international environment, and every third person works abroad.
The managers of tomorrow
Practical, international orientation and study content tailored to the industries in question – our graduates are in demand among companies in Germany and abroad:
- about 87% of our graduates begin their careers within three months of graduation
- after two years on the job, 80% of them have already obtained a management position
- our graduates also report an average annual rise in salary of 10%, so that after five years they earn about 50% more than when they started out in their careers