Bachelor in International Tourism Management
- Next start of studies: Bad Honnef: March / September
- Accreditation: FIBAA accredited
- Credits: 210 ECTS
- Language of instruction: 100% English
- Degree: Dual Degree Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Study model: on campus
- Campus: Bad Honnef & Partner university abroad
- Duration: 7 semesters
- Internship: 1 semester at home or abroad
- Study abroad: 2 semesters at one of our partner universities
- Admission: High school diploma, technical school certificate or comparable degree; successfully completed Assessment Day; Proof of English skills
A dual degree within 7 semesters
People are becoming ever more mobile and more adventurous. That makes tourism one of the world’ most booming industries. Experts predict 70 million new jobs in the next ten years. In our Tourism Management degree programme, you will get to know all aspects of this dynamic and customer-oriented industry while developing your management skills.
You spend your 5th and 6th semester at an international partner university of the IU abroad. You have the opportunity to do an additional Bachelor degree there so that you have a Dual Bachelor degree after graduation. Your international competence makes you a sought-after international employee, for example with major tour operators, national tourism offices, trade fair and conference organisers, consulting companies as well as hotel chains and airlines. Our programme attaches great importance to the close integration of theory and practice. In case studies, projects and field trips to well-known companies, our professors and lecturers pass on their own long-term professional and management experience at an international level.
Studying in Bad Honnef
Bad Honnef is idyllically located in one of the most beautiful areas of North Rhine-Westphalia – with direct connections to the metropolis of Cologne and the cultural city of Bonn. There are also a lot of options for recreation during your studies: The island of Grafenwerth, the Siebengebirge and the Drachenfels, which towers over Bad Honnef, offer places to relax or go mountain biking or hiking. And for those you who prefer something a little more exciting: Cologne and Bonn are ideal for shopping, cultural events and parties. To change the viewing direction, simply drag the image with the mouse pointer in the desired direction
What you will learn from us
During your studies, you will get to know the management of the tourism industry from the ground up.
- You deal with structures and organisations in the international tourism industry.
- You deal with topics such as online tourism, tourism geography and product planning.
- You get to know different management approaches and distribution methods.
- You learn a second foreign language in addition to English.
- As part of your studies abroad, you will receive a second Bachelor degree from an international partner university.
Studying at the IU supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to bring with you to become part of our university.
Secondary school diploma, technical school certificate or equivalent *
* Equivalent qualifications from foreign schools are recognised accordingly. The International Baccalaureate (IB) may also be recognised as an admission requirement. Talk to our student advisory service about this.
Knowledge of English
Since all our degree programmes are taught in English, proof of language proficiency is required (TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge). If you do not have any of the above-mentioned English qualifications yet, they can be submitted later before the start of your studies.
As a manager in the diverse tourism industry, you have many options open to you.
The managers of tomorrow
Practical, international orientation and study content tailored to the industries in question – our graduates are in demand among companies in Germany and abroad:
- about 87% of our graduates begin their careers within three months of graduation
- after two years on the job, 80% of them have already obtained a management position
- our graduates also report an average annual rise in salary of 10%, so that after five years they earn about 50% more than when they started out in their careers