MBA IT Management
- Degree: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Study model: on Campus, Smart Entry, Online
- Campus: Bad Honnef, Berlin
- Programme duration: 3 semesters
- Credits: 90 ECTS
- Admission: Bachelor’s degree, professional experience, proof of English language skills
Career springboard MBA
Information technology is constantly evolving, and companies are always faced with new tasks and challenges. Business intelligence, social media, cloud computing or IT security are just a few of the themes here.
Have you already gained some professional experience after completing your first degree and now you want to expand your IT knowledge and general management skills to reach the next level in your career?
Then our MBA with a major in IT Management is the right choice for you. As an IT manager, you ensure that your company's data, information and knowledge are used optimally in order to achieve and develop strategic goals. As an interface between business management and information technology, you are responsible for managing interdisciplinary projects with partner companies, associations or state organisations.
What you will learn from us
The MBA gives you expert and general management know-how and will help you develop your individual methodical skills:
- You will deepen your knowledge in the areas of business management and leadership through academic and practice-oriented modules.
- You will actively work on your soft skills such as communication skills and intercultural awareness.
- You gain insights into IT governance and information security concepts.
- You learn about the art of deriving IT strategies from existing business processes.
- You examine how key IT services are implemented across different people, departments, processes, and technologies.
- You develop methods for the conceptual design of high-quality software.
- And you receive training in management of projects according to international standards.
Course Content :
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- International Marketing
- Performance Measurement and Management
- Corporate Finance
- Managerial Economics
Electives (choose 4 out of 5)
- IT Project Management
- IT Service Management
- IT Governance and Compliance
- IT Architecture Management
- Software Engineering - Basics and Principles
- Strategic Management
- Change Management
- Managing in a Global Economy (optional in semester 2)
- Capstone Project
Studying at the IUBH supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
- Bachelor´s degree (180 ECTS)
- At least 2 years full-time professional experience (internships do not qualify)
- English, academic IELTS 6.0/ TOEFL IBT 80 points/ PTE 56 points (51 points in each component)
What are my prospects?
As an IT manager, you are among the most sought after professionals in industry, the public sector and government organisations. After graduation, for example, you can work as a ...
- IT Project Manager
- Scrum Master
- HR Specialist Tech Recruiting
The managers of tomorrow
Practical, international orientation and study content tailored to the industries in question – our graduates are in demand among companies in Germany and abroad:
- about 87% of our graduates begin their careers within three months of graduation
- after two years on the job, 80% of them have already obtained a management position
- our graduates also report an average annual rise in salary of 10%, so that after five years they earn about 50% more than when they started out in their careers