MBA International Business: Big Data Management
- Next start of studies: Bad Honnef: March / September - Berlin: April / October
- Credits: 90 ECTS
- Accreditation: FIBAA accredited
- Language of instruction: 100% English
Career springboard MBA
As a Big Data Manager, your goal is to generate maximum strategic value from data. You coordinate projects and work at the interface between head management, data engineering and data analysis.
You have familiarity with the principles of information management, understand artificial intelligence techniques and have a grasp of new technologies and their benefits to the business environment. And at the same time you are aware of the needs of your business and can reconcile the use of data with corporate strategy.
Last but not least, you use your know-how to critically scrutinise current trends in big data, to differentiate pure hype from feasible solutions, and to make appropriate recommendations to management.
Have you already gained some work experience after completing your first degree and would you like to expand your knowledge in this field and your general management skills to reach the next level in your career? Then our MBA with a major in Big Data Management is the right choice for you.
Facts about the degree programme
Studying in Berlin
- Degree: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Study model: on Campus, Smart Entry, Online
- Campus: Bad Honnef, Berlin
- Programme duration: 3 semesters
- Admission: Bachelor’s degree, professional experience, proof of English language skills.
Berlin is Germany’s premier Hot spot: international, intercultural and the leading city for innovation and start-ups – It’s just the right place to prepare for an international career with an English-language Master degree programme. Historical sights, museums, theatres, music and a club scene make Germany’s capital a city full of possibilities. To change the viewing direction, simply drag the image with the mouse pointer in the desired direction.
What you will learn from us
The MBA gives you expert and general management know-how and will help you develop your individual methodical skills:
- You will deepen your knowledge in the areas of business management and leadership through academic and practice-oriented modules.
- You will actively work on your soft skills such as communication skills and intercultural awareness.
- You will learn how to prepare data, how to connect data from different sources, and how to analyse these relationships.
- You will learn methods of data analysis in artificial intelligence.
- You will evaluate the application of these methods in various corporate scenarios.
- You will critically look at solution providers, as well as the ethical, social, and data protection issues within big data management.
- You will deepen your management expertise, and work on your analytical skills.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- International Marketing
- Performance Measurement and Management
- Corporate Finance
- Managerial Economics
Electives (choose 4 out of 5)
- Big Data and the Business Environmnt
- Data Science
- Data Utilization
- Application Scenarios and Case Studies
- Analytical Software and Frameworks.
- Strategic Management
- Change Management
How does the course of studies work?
- Managing in a Global Economy (optional in semester 2)
- Capstone Project
In the second semester of your MBA programme International Business, you choose your major and set your personal focus.
Studying at the IU supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university (3 year programme or equivalent to 180 ECTS)
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (Minimum grade point average equivalent of 3.0 according to the German grading system)
- At least 2 years of full-time professional and relevant experience after your Bachelor´s graduation (internships do not qualify)
- Proof of English proficiency: Academic IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL IBT 80 points / PTE 56 points (overall) / Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
Just send us your application and our Admission team will guide you on your options.
What are my prospects
Large companies and high-growth companies invest heavily in building data management systems and structures. There are many opportunities here for qualified specialists. After graduation, for example, you can work as a:
Your career? International!
- Big Data Scientist
- Big Data Engineer
- BI Consultant
Whether it is at a global medium-sized company or at a multinational corporation abroad – the IU prepares you well for the global job market. The numbers speak for themselves: 3 out of 4 of our graduates work in an international environment, and every third person works abroad.
The managers of tomorrow
Practical, international orientation and study content tailored to the industries in question – our graduates are in demand among companies in Germany and abroad:
- about 87% of our graduates begin their careers within three months of graduation
- after two years on the job, 80% of them have already obtained a management position
- our graduates also report an average annual rise in salary of 10%, so that after five years they earn about 50% more than when they started out in their careers