Master International Management: Hospitality
A future in tourism & hospitality
Key information at a glance
Next start of studies
Bad Honnef: March / September
Berlin: April / October
Language of instruction
General management know-how perfectly combined with expertise from the hospitality industry
Hospitality management covers a very wide field with countless, often cross-industry opportunities. In addition to the classic hotel sector, it includes hospitality as well as adjacent industries, such as amusement parks, casinos or airlines, and service providers such as hospitality consulting or IT service providers.
Graduates are in demand in catering, conference and event management, tourism and leisure, entertainment and facility management as well as food service management. This Master’s degree programme gives you an insight into one of the fastest growing global industries. You will develop operational and strategic management skills with us, which you can use in the global hospitality sector.
Facts about the degree programme
Master of Arts (M.A.)
Bad Honnef, Berlin
full time: 4 or 6 semesters
Bachelor’s degree, proof of English language skills
International Management for career changers
A degree within a year
When you pursue our two-semester International Hospitality Management programme, you will focus on subject-specific skills and receive your Master’s degree after just one year.
More information about this programme
What will I learn during my studies? What career opportunities will I have after graduation? And do I have everything I need to study at IUBH? You will find answers to these and other questions on the following pages.
What you will learn from us
The Master’s degree programme prepares you for challenges you face as a leader in the hospitality industry:
How does the course of studies work?
- You learn how to strategically and operationally apply management concepts to international companies
- You deepen your knowledge of the structure and success factors of value-adding business models – in the hospitality industry in general and in the hotel industry in particular.
- You discuss the development and maintenance of international hotel brands, financing of growth strategies and profit-oriented operation of individual hotels.
In the third semester of your Master's programme in International Management, you choose your major and set your personal focus.
Studying at the IUBH supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Economics or similar from an accredited university (3 year programme or equivalent to 180 ECTS)
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (Minimum grade point average equivalent of 3.0 according to the German grading system)
- Proof of English proficiency: Academic IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL IBT 80 points / PTE 56 points (overall) / Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
If you have a Bachelor´s degree of 3 years from fields other than Business or Management you can still access this Master by doing our Business-Preparation Semester (Path2Master).
Just send us your application and our Admission team will guide you on your different options.
Where you will be studying
Students who want to focus diligently on their studies but also enjoy themselves shouldn’t have to spend their time in crowded lecture halls, dusty libraries or long queues in front of their professors’ offices. Small study groups ensure you receive excellent support at the IUBH and have a “direct line” to the lecturers. Our professors and lecturers have a wealth of practical experience and outstanding expertise; many of them are still active in companies in addition to their work at IUBH. Our different campuses offer you everything you need for your education and well-being: modern seminar rooms, libraries, IT support, WIFI and a canteen; and in Bad Honnef there is also a café and a bar right on campus.
The managers of tomorrow
Practical, international orientation and study content tailored to the industries in question – our graduates are in demand among companies in Germany and abroad:
- about 87% of our graduates begin their careers within three months of graduation
- after two years on the job, 80% of them have already obtained a management position
- our graduates also report an average annual rise in salary of 10%, so that after five years they earn about 50% more than when they started out in their careers