Master International Management: International Human Resource Management
Next start of studies
: Bad Honnef: March / September
: FIBAA accredited
: 120 ECTS
Language of instruction
: 100% English
: Master of Arts (M.A.)
: On campus
: Bad Honnef
: 2 semesters
: Bachelor’s degree, placement test if necessary, proof of English language skills
. International Management for career changers
General management know-how perfectly combined with HR expertise
Whether you are an HR officer for a market-leading corporate group, a consultant in an international management consultancy, a talent acquisition specialist for an emerging technology developer or an HR generalist for a fashion label: HR management is increasingly becoming a key strategic factor for the success of international companies, even at the top management level.
To prepare you thoroughly for a successful career in this area, we provide you with important specialist knowledge in human resources as well as advanced expertise in corporate strategic and operational thinking. A wide range of responsibilities in an exciting environment await you after graduation.
What you will learn from us
The Master’s degree programme prepares you for different management roles with a focus on Human Resource Management:
How does the course of studies work?
- You learn the basics of strategic HR management.
- You discuss personnel development measures as well as international and multinational concepts for leadership and motivation.
- And you compare international approaches in HR management and expand your knowledge of other research topics
In the third semester of your Master's programme in International Management, you choose your major and set your personal focus.
Studying at the IUBH supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Economics or similar from an accredited university (3 year programme or equivalent to 180 ECTS)
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (Minimum grade point average equivalent of 3.0 according to the German grading system)
- Proof of English proficiency: Academic IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL IBT 80 points / PTE 56 points (overall) / Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
- If you have a Bachelor´s degree of 3 years from fields other than Business or Management you can still access this Master by doing our Business-Preparation Semester (Path2Master).
Just send us your application and our Admission team will guide you on your different options.
Where you will be studying
Students who want to focus diligently on their studies but also enjoy themselves shouldn’t have to spend their time in crowded lecture halls, dusty libraries or long queues in front of their professors’ offices. Small study groups ensure you receive excellent support at the IUBH and have a “direct line” to the lecturers. Our professors and lecturers have a wealth of practical experience and outstanding expertise; many of them are still active in companies in addition to their work at IUBH. Our different campuses offer you everything you need for your education and well-being: modern seminar rooms, libraries, IT support, WIFI and a canteen; and in Bad Honnef there is also a café and a bar right on campus.
What are my prospects?
HR personnel can do much more than look over applications, conduct interviews and draft employment contracts. Because of a shortage in trained HR personnel, their skills are needed in all areas in the selection, assignment and promotion of staff in line with corporate goals. After graduation, for example, you can work as a
The managers of tomorrow
- Human Resources Manager
- Personnel Developer
- Human Resources Officer
Practical, international orientation and study content tailored to the industries in question – our graduates are in demand among companies in Germany and abroad:
- about 87% of our graduates begin their careers within three months of graduation
- after two years on the job, 80% of them have already obtained a management position
- our graduates also report an average annual rise in salary of 10%, so that after five years they earn about 50% more than when they started out in their careers