Master of Professional Photography
- Type of course : Master
- Language : English
- School: Visual Communication
- IED Credits: 60
- Timetable : Morning 10.00 - 13.00 h (M - F. 3, 4 or 5 day per week) Selected workshops will take place from 10.00 to 14.00 h
- Attendance: in-person
- Qualification: Private At the end of the course, an accredited certificate will be awarded for having completed it satisfactorily.
- Directed to : students with degrees in Photography, Fine Arts, Media, Advertising or Communication. Young image-makers who want to specialise in the practice of professional photography; Photographers working in the industry who want to develop their own style, in their professional and personal work.
- Admission process : ·· Curriculum vitae ·· Letter of interest. ·· Technical knowledge in photography is mandatory (One Year Photography at IED Madrid or comparable); basic experience with post-production skills and a familiarity with audiovisual formats is also required. ·· Project Portfolio ·· Personal interview as deemed necessary by the Academic Coordination Team. ·· It is necessary for students to have their own camera to participate in the course
All of the tools you need to develop your professional career in the fields of photography for Advertising and Editorial, Documentary and Reportage and Fashion and Lifestyle.
This master provides working tools that students can develop and apply in the different domains of photography. Each student can decide when to enroll on each module. We aim to teach a methodology, not a series of recipes or technical details. Our guest specialists in photography, edition, post production, lighting and communication theory will provide their own point of view and will stress the aspects of major relevance. This richness and its international spirit make this master something really special.
The Master of Professional Photography is divided into three modules, three specialisation areas which you can study independently in these postgraduate programmes:
Postgraduate Course in Fashion and Lifestyle Photography
We aim to teach a methodology, not a series of recipes or technical details. Our guest specialists in photography, edition, post production, lighting and communication theory will provide their own point of view and will stress the aspects of major relevance. This richness and its international spirit make this master something really special.
- Offer students a view of current tendencies in applied and commercial photography.
- Implement the tools and knowledge used in the photography industry.
- Familiarise students with contemporary working methods in the field of production, studio management, postproduction, publishing and stock.
- Show the cultural value of photography, forms of collaboration and creative funding models.
- Analyze the new challenges and opportunities of photography.
- Know about the history of photography in the context of design.