Bachelor in International Marketing Management
- Next start of studies: Bad Honnef: March / September
- Accreditation: FIBAA accredited
- Credits: 180 ECTS
- Course language: 100% English
- Degree: Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Study model: on campus
- Campus: Bad Honnef
- Duration: 6 semesters
- Internship: 1 semester at home or abroad
- Study abroad. 1 semester (voluntary, performance-related)
- Admission: High school diploma, technical school certificate or comparable degree; successfully completed Assessment Day; Proof of English skills
Be a driving force
Whether in an agency, in a consulting company, in the marketing department of a corporation or directly at an internet service provider – creative and strategic specialists in marketing are in demand everywhere. So you can potentially be employed at almost any company, both national and international. And the industry, especially in the digital sector, is growing steadily, offering great career prospects.
Our professors and lecturers attach great importance to the close integration of theory and practice. Most of them have themselves gained many years of specialist and management experience on an international level – and would like to share it. They do this for example through case studies, projects and field trips to renowned companies.
What you will learn from us
The International Marketing Management programme is practical and cutting edge: Case studies, project groups and field trips as well as an integrated internship ensure the programme has immediate practical relevance.
- You deal with marketing-related topics such as customer behaviour, campaign planning and marketing communication in a practice-oriented manner.
- You deal in detail with specific management topics such as human resource management, project management and market research.
- You gain in-depth economic knowledge, including micro and macroeconomics, statistics and accounting.
Studying at the IU supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to bring with you to become part of our university.
Knowledge of English
- Secondary school diploma, technical school certificate or equivalent
- Equivalent qualifications from foreign schools are recognised accordingly. The International Baccalaureate (IB) may also be recognised as an admission requirement. Talk to our student advisory service about this.
Since all our degree programmes are taught in English, proof of language proficiency is required (TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge). If you do not have any of the above-mentioned English qualifications yet, they can be submitted later before the start of your studies.
Our Assessment Day is divided into a written and an oral exam section. Your participation in the Assessment Day is valid for two years and takes place all day at the campus in Bad Honnef or Munich. So you can apply early for your desired degree programme.
The written part covers the following areas:
- General education (30 minutes, multiple choice)
- Fundamentals of mathematics (60 minutes)
- English (60 minutes)
The oral part is a job interview with professors from the university. Your motivation and your personality will be discussed during the interview.
The managers of tomorrow
Practical, international orientation and study content tailored to the industries in question – our graduates are in demand among companies in Germany and abroad:
- about 87% of our graduates begin their careers within three months of graduation
- after two years on the job, 80% of them have already obtained a management position
- our graduates also report an average annual rise in salary of 10%, so that after five years they earn about 50% more than when they started out in their careers