Master of Communication Design Labs
Masters of Design and Innovation - 1 year
- Type of course : Masters of Design and Innovation
- Language : English
- School: Visual Communication
- Start date: January
- Duration: 1 year
- Timetable : Morning-Afternoon
- Attendance: in-person
- Qualification: Private At the end of the course, students will receive a private diploma attesting to their satisfactory completion of the course.
- Directed to : Professionals and graduates in any of the disciplines in which the world of commercial communications has become fragmented, from traditional into interactive advertising, public relations, marketing, graphic design and product design. This Master is a multidisciplinary and international program, on the frontier between design and communications.
- Admission process : To access this program, students will be selected based on: • Updated curriculum vitae. • Certificate of studies (scanned original document). • Work portfolio (if you have one). • Motivation letter, explaining your interest in this programme. • It is essential to have medium-high oral and written level in English. • Interview in person, by telephone or via Skype.
STRATEGIC POSITIONING, DESIGN AND INNOVATION - Identify challenges and opportunities in the new paradigm of communication
Master of Communication Design Labs
The Master of Communication Design Labs offers the keys to managing the complexity of the interconnected disciplines that are explored during the creative process. Students will learn to master linguistic resources and applications, to lead interdisciplinary teams in communication projects.
The Master aims to raise the professional profile of students so that they can be part of new business structures, where concepts and language are ever closer. The near constant exchange between students and teachers (active professionals with wide experience in the field of communication) enhances the processes of innovation and creativity that characterise this master.
What is the Master of Communication Design Labs?
The role of creative / communicator in a company is undergoing a process of transformation that demands a new profile. Companies in all sectors are starting to need a different kind of creative director, a person who is able to coordinate and deal with several specialists in the same environment and manage the processes that drive creativity and business strategies.
The Master of Communication Design Labs creates favourable conditions to achieve, over a year of learning and experience, the following objectives:
• Conceptualize, develop and communicate innovative ideas.
• Lead multidisciplinary teams.
• Build and communicate timeless concepts.
Establish personal contacts with a range of professionals from the creative environment.
• “De-specialise” and unlearn to gain a broader view.
The contents covered in the course are organized into modules:
• Foundation (critical historical analysis, methodology, sustainability, visual communication...)
• Specific (audiovisual language and production, anthropology, storytelling, copywriting, new communication strategies, briefing, advertising copywriting, branding, global trends, content marketing strategies, commercial communication projects…)
• Transverse (design culture, applied creativity, team building, design research, design thinking, job placement…)
• Thesis / research project (concept, idea, development, production, prototyping, display...)
Why study the Master of Communication Design Labs?
• Because we learn by doing: only then is it possible to really learn.
• Because we foster research and delve into the boundary between design, strategy and communication.
• Because the multicultural environment between students and professionals from different places enriches their personal experience.
• Because we offer the chance to network with companies and professionals of national and international renown.
• Because the programme is based on an innovative and transverse learning methodology.
• Because travel and visits enrich the knowledge areas.
• Because the cultural activity during the course is intense and helps to complement the experience.
• Because it takes place in Madrid, a European capital that is home to major institutions and companies, with intense cultural activity and highly accessible and multicultural.
How do students learn in the Master of Communication Design Labs?
Project culture is the basis of the work dynamic and students learn by conceptualizing, developing, producing and communicating.
The course is methodologically developed on the basis of:
• Creative workshops
• Activities and workshops during international trips to institutions, firms and companies. Previous editions have included visits to such diverse destinations as San Francisco, Silicon Valley, China, Milan, London, Denmark, Portugal, Barcelona and Paris-Boisbuchet.
• Seminars and lectures
• Case Studies
• Activities and cultural events
• Tutorials for the development of specific projects
• Thesis research carried out throughout the master's program
At whom is the Master of Communication Design Labs aimed?
Professionals and graduates in any of the disciplines of the world of commercial communication, from traditional to interactive advertising, public relations, marketing, graphic design and product design. This programme has been devised with a multidisciplinary and international approach, set in the border between design and production.
Objectives of the Masters of Design and Innovation
Train agents capable of leading change
Develop critical thinking
Learn to coordinate and work in a team with a multidisciplinary approach
Be able to take professional responsibility and integrate environmental and social aspects into their planning processes
Be able to adapt to changes and the evolution of new needs and new media
Master the project methodology and propose innovative strategies and solutions to problems in a range of spheres of action
Objectives of the Master of Communication Design Labs
The Master of Communication Design Labs has been designed to provide access to all the fundamentals of research and the strategic process, including market and consumer research, data analysis and design thinking.
- Master the grammar of different languages for effective communication management
- Conceptualize, develop and communicate innovative ideas
- Lead multidisciplinary teams
- Build and communicate long-lasting concepts
- Understand marketing problems and find communication solutions
- Design long-lasting strategies
- Unspecialize and unlearn in order to benefit from a broader view
- Establish effective interaction between online and offline communication environments
- Integrate communication, strategy, sustainability and innovation
The program includes a comprehensive curriculum with topics and examples where students will have the opportunity to discover a complete, professional and multidisciplinary vision of the sector. It is divided into contents that correspond to the skills each student will have acquired once the course has been completed.
Why do we travel?
- Emergent trends
- Digital and communication tools
The trips that students take as part of the Masters of Design of Innovation are more than just that. They are experiences that go beyond, creating key moments for learning and personal growth. These trips have the power to change students’ perception of design and innovation, providing them with opportunities to establish connections with the professional world and carrying out projects on the other side of the world.
The students will first take a trip around Europe. This will situate them in the midst of the professional context of their speciality, and will give them the chance to get closer to important agencies and design studios, with workshops at prestigious companies, sharing experiences with true gurus of design, visiting large factories and keeping up with trends in the most innovative destinations for each discipline.
Later, they will have the chance to take an intercontinental trip and take part in a range of projects with institutions from all over the world. Students themselves will choose which project they want to develop, depending on their interests, motivations within design and the subject matter chosen for their personal thesis. Designing, executing and communicating is more effective when it is carried out through a real and specific project. Additionally, these include a social aspect, full of sustainability values, befitting the needs of society today. One of the main characteristics will be the multi-disciplinary nature of the trip, which will be taken by students of the three master courses: a combination of talents to carry out social innovation projects which generate a positive impact in their realm of action.
In the last edition of the Master of Communication Design Labs students visited destinations such as Amsterdam, Colombia, India or South Africa.
- Creative Director
- Accounts Director
- Marketing Director
- Brand Manager
- Strategic Director
- Conceptual Designer